The Dominiq Meyer Building was built in 1854 and housed the Ackermann Hardware store. Later from Krause’s Directory of 1900, it lists, “Weyker, N.J., Gent’s furnishings.” Later Poull Hardware Store occupied the building.
The building at 226 N. Franklin Street was home to Conrad’s Meat Market with their wood floors covered with sawdust. They offered a complete line of fresh and smoked meats, homemade sausages, fresh poultry, and can goods. The J. Langly Building of 228 N Franklin Street was built in 1854. Over the years it has been occupied by apparel stores and hair salons. In the 1950s it was famous for Kratzer’s Take-Out, featuring broasted chicken and five for a dollar hamburgers.
Copyright © 2018 - Franklin Street Historic Walking Tour - All Rights Reserved.