The R. Stelling Building was built in 1909 in the Twentieth Century Commercial Style. It operated as a general store and later as The Smart Shop, a women’s clothing store. The original building burned in the 1940s and was replaced with the current building covered with white tile. It later became the Wien’s Dime Store and then Biever’s Ben Franklin Store, known in the community as the 5 and 10 cent Ben Franklin Store with a variety of items great and small.
Copyright © 2018 - Franklin Street Historic Walking Tour - All Rights Reserved.