The N. Zimmerman Building was built in 1896 in the Queen Anne Style and operated as a sample room. An area in the back of the corner building was used as the Post Office for a number of years in the early 1900s. In a 1910 photo, Otto Pallanasch and Rae Chapman are shown as rural mail carriers. In later years the building served as a pharmacy, complete with a soda fountain with counter and stools.
N. Zimmerman Building
Copyright © 2018 - Franklin Street Historic Walking Tour - All Rights Reserved.