Originally the site of Jacque’s Department Store, the Boerner brothers built and opened their department store on this site in 1910 and carried a complete line of goods in all departments. This building was the second built by the Boerner family in Port Washington. The business closed within a few years and in 1921 became Badger Raincoat, when the building was purchased for $29,000.00. In 1934 ladies’ and men’s rainproof clothing for wholesale trade were being manufactured. A local newspaper of April 29, 1925 stated, “The Raincoat Company has recently secured a large order from the United States government for manufacturing raincoats for the army”. The building was sold to the Lueptow brothers who altered the façade in 1969 and sold furniture and appliances. In 2012 new buyers purchased the building and restored the building back to its original façade.
The Boerner Building Early 1900's
Copyright © 2018 - Franklin Street Historic Walking Tour - All Rights Reserved.