Built in 1893, the M.A. Hanson Building was the Schmidler and Weyker Bodega Sample Room in 1905. The building continues to serve as a tavern and restaurant, but the exterior has been greatly altered.
The Peter Schaus Building at 215 N. Franklin Street was built in 1854. It is typical of the era from 1850-1910 called Commercial Vernacular Form, where the first floor of the building was used for retail or commercial use and the upper floors were often used as offices or apartments. Typically, the buildings were two or three stories high. Franklin Street has numerous examples of this style of construction. Beginning in 1937 and continuing until 1985, the Schil's family operated a bakery at this location.