Noted as the Michael Weyker Building, it was originally a three-storied building from 1867-1875. The building housed businesses like Scholl & Wilmot Drugs and Stationery, the Joseph Goldsmith Store, and Glaesner Amusement Parlor and Saloon. In 1875 Kemp Malt Co. reduced the building to two stories and a rear addition was added. The 1900 phone directory lists the occupants as A.H. Kuhl & Co.: Gents furnishings, candies and etc., and Kukl & Leek: Bicycles. Kraus and Grau Hardware Store occupied the building in 1901. Later other businesses included Schmit Appliance, Biever Appliance Store, Home Port Designs and an antique store.
1867 - 70
Copyright © 2018 - Franklin Street Historic Walking Tour - All Rights Reserved.